Hourigan is the go-to fully integrated construction management and development firm when it comes to managing complex projects and delivering them to the highest standards. Our portfolio is filled with many success stories, but we’re most proud of the strong relationships we have built and continue to grow. We’re focused on establishing solid partnerships that are based on collaboration, trust, and respect. Our team approaches each moment with our shared values—lead forward, serve with integrity, and never disappoint—in mind. If you have a collaborative mindset, crave to a make a difference, and want to elevate your career, we have a place for you.
We have an opening for a motivated individual with a thirst to learn to join our team as an Assistant Superintendent. This position will support the work of the Superintendent through supervisory assistance to all Hourigan on-site employees, full time quality control monitoring and direct assistance to all on-site Subcontractors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists other superintendents in the management of all field activities for construction jobs of various size and complexity. May be independently responsible for small jobs of normal complexity.
- Helps to ensures the proper performance of all subcontractors in both quality and timeliness of their work.
- Perform and coordinate all duties in conjunction with the duties of the Project Superintendent.
- Acquire working knowledge of all project specific plans and specifications.
- Identify and assist in resolution of all on-site project specific issues in conjunction with the Project Superintendent.
- Perform the required construction layout responsibilities
- Supervise Hourigan on-site employees as designated by the Project Superintendent.
- Conduct safety orientations and subcontractor coordination meetings.
- Prepare quantity and type of materials, equipment and tools required for Hourigan performed work for ordering by the Project Superintendent.
- Monitor all on-site construction activities for progress, quality, safety and coordination with other trades.
- Enforce all required Hourigan on-site Quality Control procedures.
- Enforce all required Hourigan on-site Safety and emergency procedures.
- Participate in the Hourigan Safety and Health Management System (SHMS) by committing to safe work practices, raising concerns, attending and applying safety and health training, and eliminating hazards within your capability and control and the help of safety staff.
- Provide resources and support to ensure positive safety and health outcomes in line with the Hourigan SHMS.
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field position, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 2-5 years of experience, preferably in general contracting.
- Fosters a strong desire to learn, welcomes a new challenge, and values the need to collaborate with all team members.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with construction management software required. Experience with CMiC and Bluebeam preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of commercial construction means and methods, application of LEED certifications, and a thorough understanding of industry practices.
- Approach every responsibility and interaction with a high level of integrity, fairness, care, and concern
- Lead forward by seeing challenges as a way to create new possibilities and solutions
- Consistently deliver beyond expectations to provide exceptional results
- Some periodic travel may be required.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, and life insurances, short-term and long-term disability, 401k employer match, and paid time off.
The summary of essential duties and responsibilities listed above is not intended to cover all possible job duties and is subject to change at our discretion.
Hourigan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or family status, amnesty or protected military or veterans’ status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.