Hourigan is the go-to fully integrated construction management and development firm when it comes to managing complex projects and delivering them to the highest standards. Our portfolio is filled with many success stories, but we’re most proud of the strong relationships we have built and continue to grow. We’re focused on establishing solid partnerships that are based on collaboration, trust, and respect. Our team approaches each moment with our shared values—lead forward, serve with integrity, and never disappoint—in mind. If you have a collaborative mindset, crave to a make a difference, and want to elevate your career, we have a place for you.
Hourigan is seeking a Part-Time Controller to support our Development team. This role will manage operational expenditures and project finances, corporate records, and review contracts as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure internal controls are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected
· Responsible for maintaining, processing, and analyzing financial records and reporting
· Manage cash management/reconciliation, balance sheet management, and review bank reconciliations
· Create and review monthly financial statements for all pre-development and active development projects
· Maintain the books for all projects
· Review and analyze cost variances
· Ensure construction draws are submitted in a timely manner
· Review contracts and offer edits as needed
· Assist Senior Managing Director in preparing investor reports, ensuring a high level of service
· Participate in the Hourigan Safety and Health Management System (SHMS) by committing to safe work practices, raising concerns, attending, and applying safety and health training, and eliminating hazards within your capability and control and the help of safety staff
Qualifications and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in real estate, finance, accounting, or related field
· Understanding and knowledge of facilities management, capital improvements, real estate management, development, construction activities, and applicable federal and state laws and regulations, is a must
· Working knowledge of accounting principles, methods, and practices
· Prior transaction management experience is preferred, including responsibility for maintaining corporate records
· Must be highly ethical, entrepreneurial, and self-motivated
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; must have the ability to collect and interpret data
· Ability to make quick decisions
· Must be a proactive with an attention to detail
· Excellent relationship building, written, and verbal communication skills
· Approach every responsibility and interaction with a high level of integrity, fairness, care, and concern.
· Lead forward by seeing challenges as a way to create new possibilities and solutions.
· Consistently deliver beyond expectations to provide exceptional results.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, is a must. Experience with Argus is preferred.
· Travel may be required.
The summary of essential duties and responsibilities listed above is not intended to cover all possible job duties and is subject to change at our discretion.
Hourigan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or protected Veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.