Hourigan is the go-to fully integrated construction management and development firm when it comes to managing complex projects and delivering them to the highest standards. Our portfolio is filled with many success stories, but we’re most proud of the strong relationships we have built and continue to grow. We’re focused on establishing solid partnerships that are based on collaboration, trust, and respect. Our team approaches each moment with our shared values—lead forward, serve with integrity, and never disappoint—in mind. If you have a collaborative mindset, crave to a make a difference, and want to elevate your career, we have a place for you.
We have an opening for a collaborative and energetic individual to serve as our Preconstruction Services Manager. The Preconstruction Services Manager would prepare complete budgets and estimates for assigned project(s) of varying size and complexity, from conceptual estimates to hard bid work. This role would also act as primary point of responsibility for a project during the preconstruction phase.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review proposal specifications and drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of budget and estimate.
- Prepare and analyze cost models from conceptual phase to hard bid scenarios.
- Perform complete quantity takeoffs of a project and apply corresponding budget pricing based on historical data to develop cost models and estimates.
- Prepare bid packages, obtain pricing from subcontractors and material vendors and analyze pricing from subcontractors and material vendors.
- Negotiate, draft, and award subcontracts.
- Work collaboratively within a team to deliver best-in-class preconstruction services, including budgeting, constructability reviews, and value engineering.
- Coordinate total estimating effort relevant to particular bid/project as assigned.
- Collaborate with Client Solutions and Operations team to ensure complete and accurate preparation of proposals, budgets, and presentations to clients.
- Assure that potential risk factors have been evaluated and reviewed with senior management.
- Keep current on changes and trends in methods of construction and materials, construction costs, wage rates, and working rules. Research, review and suggest new materials and methods to apply to projects as required.
- Interface with Owner, A/E, subcontractors, and other team members to build lasting relationships and provide superior customer service.
- Participate in the Hourigan Safety and Health Management System (SHMS) by committing to safe work practices, raising concerns, attending and applying safety and health training, and eliminating hazards within your capability and control and the help of safety staff.
- Provide resources and support to ensure positive safety and health outcomes in line with the Hourigan SHMS.
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field position, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Industry Experience: 5+ years estimating, cost control, engineering, and/or field experience related to similar facility construction is preferred.
- Knowledge of estimating techniques and cost control is essential.
- Experience with estimating software including Smartbidnet and OnScreen Takeoff
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word is required.
- LEED accreditation is preferred.
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and speaking
- Applies a customer-centric mindset to all work efforts.
- Highly entrepreneurial and self-motivated with the ability to work equally well individually or in a team setting.
- Approach every responsibility and interaction with a high level of integrity, fairness, care, and concern
- Lead forward by seeing challenges as a way to create new possibilities and solutions
- Consistently deliver beyond expectations to provide exceptional results
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, and life insurances, short-term and long-term disability, 401k employer match, 11 paid holidays and paid time off.
The summary of essential duties and responsibilities listed above is not intended to cover all possible job duties and is subject to change at our discretion.
Hourigan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or protected Veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.