For over two decades, Hourigan has established itself as the “go-to” firm when it comes to managing complex projects and delivering them to the highest standards. Our portfolio is filled with many success stories, but we’re most proud of the strong relationships we have built and continue to grow. Our relationship-centered approach starts with our employees. We are looking for people who embody our values of fairness, integrity, and trust. We want self-starters who take ownership in their work and value building and maintaining relationships every step along the way. We take pride in our desire to become better every day, providing our employees with opportunities to develop both personally and professionally.
We have an opening for a collaborative and energetic individual to serve as our Preconstruction Services Manager. The Preconstruction Services Manager would prepare complete budgets and estimates for assigned project(s) of varying size and complexity, from conceptual estimates to hard bid work. This role would also act as primary point of responsibility for a project during the preconstruction phase.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review proposal specifications and drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of budget and estimate.
- Prepare and analyze cost models from conceptual phase to hard bid scenarios.
- Perform complete quantity takeoffs of a project and apply corresponding budget pricing based on historical data to develop cost models and estimates.
- Prepare bid packages, obtain pricing from subcontractors and material vendors and analyze pricing from subcontractors and material vendors.
- Negotiate, draft, and award subcontracts.
- Work collaboratively within a team to deliver best-in-class preconstruction services, including budgeting, constructability reviews, and value engineering.
- Coordinate total estimating effort relevant to particular bid/project as assigned.
- Collaborate with Client Solutions and Operations team to ensure complete and accurate preparation of proposals, budgets, and presentations to clients.
- Assure that potential risk factors have been evaluated and reviewed with senior management.
- Keep current on changes and trends in methods of construction and materials, construction costs, wage rates, and working rules. Research, review and suggest new materials and methods to apply to projects as required.
- Interface with Owner, A/E, subcontractors, and other team members to build lasting relationships and provide superior customer service.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Four year engineering degree or equivalent combination of technical training and/or experience.
- Industry Experience: 5+ years estimating, cost control and/or engineering experience related to similar facility construction is preferred. Knowledge of estimating techniques and cost control is essential.
- Experience with estimating applications including Smartbidnet, OnScreen Takeoff, and MC2
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word is required.
- LEED accreditation is preferred.
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and speaking
- Applies a customer-centric mindset to all work efforts
- Highly entrepreneurial and self-motivated with the ability to work equally well individually or in a team setting.
- Exhibits Hourigan’s commitment to excellence through meeting and exceeding both internal and external customer expectations and displaying only the utmost integrity.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, and life insurances, short-term and long-term disability, 401k employer match, 11 paid holidays and paid time off.
The summary of essential duties and responsibilities listed above is not intended to cover all possible job duties and is subject to change at our discretion.
Hourigan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or protected Veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.