Hourigan is the go-to fully integrated construction management and development firm when it comes to managing complex projects and delivering them to the highest standards. Our portfolio is filled with many success stories, but we’re most proud of the strong relationships we have built and continue to grow. We’re focused on establishing solid partnerships that are based on collaboration, trust, and respect. Our team approaches each moment with our shared values—lead forward, serve with integrity, and never disappoint—in mind. If you have a collaborative mindset, crave to a make a difference, and want to elevate your career, we have a place for you.
We have an opening for a motivated individual with a thirst to learn to join our team as a Project Engineer. This entry-level position will provide you with access to learn the various career tracks within construction management (i.e. field management, project management, preconstruction services, virtual design & construction coordination, and safety).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow & assist with development of procedures for controlling contract drawings.
- Assist Project Administrator with set up of the job management system.
- Assist the project team with the building permit process.
- Assist the Superintendent in the development of the site utilization plan.
- Assist with the review and coordination of the Loss Prevention, Sustainability Action Plan and Quality Control Program.
- Responsible for proactive administration of reviewing and processing all submittal data and shop drawings to ensure project schedules are expedited and materials are delivered on time.
- Prepare and maintain administrative logs (RFI, RFP, COR, Submittal, Document Control)
- Serve as the onsite quality manager for assigned trades by verifying subcontractor deliveries meet approved submittal requirements.
- Attend and participate in project meetings, and assist the Project Manager with the preparation of progress reports/meeting minutes.
- Assist with the distribution of proposal change documents to subcontractors/suppliers and assist with collecting pricing and/or preparing change proposal requirements for internal pricing review.
- Ensure all clarifications/changes, directives, RFIs, etc. are updated on the “as-built” drawings and are fully coordinated with the project team.
- Work alongside senior members of the preconstruction team to estimate a project and develop knowledge of the overall preconstruction process.
- Perform preconstruction duties including but not limited to quantity take-offs, budget development, subcontractor procurement, assembling exhibit ones, and assembling value engineering worksheets
- Assist with constructability reviews, project set up, and subcontractor communication
- Participate in the Hourigan Safety and Health Management System (SHMS) by committing to safe work practices, raising concerns, attending and applying safety and health training, and eliminating hazards within your capability and control and the help of safety staff.
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field position or 0-3 years of progressive construction related experience.
- Fosters a strong desire to learn and values the need to collaborate with all team members.
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Approach every responsibility and interaction with a high level of integrity, fairness, care, and concern
- Lead forward by seeing challenges as a way to create new possibilities and solutions
- Consistently deliver beyond expectations to provide exceptional results
- Some periodic travel may be required.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, and life insurances, short-term and long-term disability, 401k employer match, and paid time off.
The summary of essential duties and responsibilities listed above is not intended to cover all possible job duties and is subject to change at our discretion.
Hourigan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or protected Veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.