Hourigan is the go-to fully integrated construction management and development firm when it comes to managing complex projects and delivering them to the highest standards. Our portfolio is filled with many success stories, but we’re most proud of the strong relationships we have built and continue to grow. We’re focused on establishing solid partnerships that are based on collaboration, trust, and respect. Our team approaches each moment with our shared values—lead forward, serve with integrity, and never disappoint—in mind. If you have a collaborative mindset, crave to a make a difference, and want to elevate your career, we have a place for you.
We have an opening for a Senior Scheduler. The Senior Scheduler is responsible for developing and maintaining comprehensive project plans and schedules throughout the project life cycle (project pursuit through turnover) for each of the projects that they are assigned to, by collaborating across all of the project stakeholders. The Senior Scheduler also trains and assists project teams, and oversees their efforts to help ensure the project schedules are maintained in accordance with Hourigan Schedule Policies and good scheduling practices. This is a full-time exempt position based in Virginia Beach, VA, and will report to the Corporate Scheduling Executive.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop proposal schedules in conjunction with Pursuit Team.
- Develop baseline schedules and narratives in conjunction with Project Team, to the appropriate level of detail, or oversee Project Teams in their effort.
- Train, oversee, and assist Project Teams in the use of scheduling software, schedule development, and good schedule practices
- Perform weekly internal schedule updates and monthly schedule updates for submission, along with accompanying narrative, or oversee and assist Project Teams in their efforts.
- Responsible for the coordination and integration of schedule input and update data from all internal and external sources by collaborating with the Project Team and Stakeholders for a fully integrated plan and schedule.
- Perform, or assist project teams, with complicated changes and Time Impact Analysis (TIA).
- Generate reports, review progress, evaluate variances, and develop work-around or recovery plans as needed.
- Apply planning and scheduling knowledge to assist Project Leadership in developing a successful plan and by providing the information required to make schedule related decisions.
- Communicate schedule issues and impacts to project leadership.
- Implement Corporate Scheduling Policies and Procedures and follow industry standard good scheduling practices.
- Cost and resource loading and updating, as required by the project.
- On-going analysis and maintenance of the network logic to validate that it complies with the intent of the project team.
- Participate in the Hourigan Safety and Health Management System (SHMS) by committing to safe work practices, raising concerns, attending and applying safety and health training, and eliminating hazards within your capability and control, and the help of safety staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, or other related degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in relevant industry.
- 5-10 years of full-time, hands-on, planning and scheduling experience including experience on similar projects for a general contractor.
- Thorough knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques.
- Advanced proficiency in Primavera P6 including the administrative functions preferred.
- Experience on Federal Government Projects, with a preferred focus on Naval Facilities Command (NAVFAC) projects including resource and cost loading.
- Experience with P6, Phoenix, Textura, CMiC, Bluebeam, and MS Project preferred.
- Knowledge of BIM and how it relates to scheduling and sequencing preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of building construction means and methods, and a thorough understanding of industry practices.
- Strong and effective communication, both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required and must have the ability to interact across the company, with clients, contractors, and vendors.
- Detail oriented with proven ability to manage and execute multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly entrepreneurial and self-motivated with proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team with minimal direction and maintain a strong focus on business priorities and be persistent in follow-through.
- Able to learn, communicate, and analyze complex issues.
- Apply a customer-centric mindset to all work efforts.
- Approach every responsibility and interaction with a high level of integrity, fairness, care, and concern.
- Lead forward by seeing challenges as a way to create new possibilities and solutions.
- Consistently deliver beyond expectations to provide exceptional results and create raving fans.
- Able to walk the job site, climb ladders and/or scaffolding, and lift objects of at least 30 lbs.
- Some periodic travel may be required.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package including, but not limited to medical, dental, vision, and life insurances, short-term and long-term disability, 401k employer match, and paid time off.
The summary of essential duties and responsibilities listed above is not intended to cover all possible job duties and is subject to change at our discretion.
Hourigan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or protected Veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.