Hourigan is the go-to fully integrated construction management and development firm when it comes to managing complex projects and delivering them to the highest standards. Our portfolio is filled with many success stories, but we’re most proud of the strong relationships we have built and continue to grow. We’re focused on establishing solid partnerships that are based on collaboration, trust, and respect. Our team approaches each moment with our shared values—lead forward, serve with integrity, and never disappoint—in mind. If you have a collaborative mindset, crave to a make a difference, and want to elevate your career, we have a place for you.
Hourigan has an opening for a Sr. Safety Specialist. This position is independently responsible for the safety activities of a large and significantly complex project or a combination of small projects of complexity. This position will conduct inspections, make observation and enforce adherence to laws and regulations governing the health and safety of individuals. This role will respond to and investigates workplace accidents and incidents as they occur to determine their cause and prevent re-occurrence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide personal leadership and set an example of following all safe work practices and procedures.
- Provide resources and support to ensure positive safety and health outcomes in line with the Hourigan SHMS.
- Ensure implementation of all Hourigan and Client safety activities.
- Conduct frequent jobsite inspections and ensure that corrective action is taken to correct deficiencies.
- Work with superintendents and subcontractors in planning how to perform non-routine job tasks safely.
- Lead jobsite safety meetings and participate in foreman toolbox safety meetings.
- Conduct jobsite safety orientations for new hires and others.
- Maintain files on safety activities.
- Assist with and conduct some safety training and orientations as necessary.
- Conduct Hazard recognition and correction.
- Provide on-site first aid and CPR capabilities.
- Investigate all incidents.
- Verify subcontractors training on all applicable equipment.
- Coordinate emergency evacuation procedures.
- Develop site-specific safety procedures.
- Verify that employees are issued and use the appropriate company provided personal protective equipment.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS in Safety and Health or related degree, and/or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years of experience in Safety and Environmental Health in a Commercial Construction environment is preferred
- OSHA 30, OSHA 510, or OSHA 500 certification required
- First Aid/CPR/AED certifications required
- Knowledgeable of construction safety principles, techniques, and methods
- Must be capable and comfortable working independently
- Strong understanding and knowledge of OSHA laws, regulations, and policies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Work, Power Point, Project, etc.)
- Applies a customer-centric mindset to all work efforts
- Approaches challenges with empathy, multiple solutions, and collaboration
- Highly entrepreneurial and self-motivated with the ability to work equally well individually or in a team setting.
- Approach every responsibility and interaction with a high level of integrity, fairness, care, and concern
- Lead forward by seeing challenges as a way to create new possibilities and solutions
- Consistently deliver beyond expectations to provide exceptional results
- Some travel may be required
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, and life insurances, short-term and long-term disability, 401k employer match, and paid time off.
The summary of essential duties and responsibilities listed above is not intended to cover all possible job duties and is subject to change at our discretion.
Hourigan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or protected Veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.