For over two decades, Hourigan has established itself as the “go-to” firm when it comes to managing complex projects and delivering them to the highest standards. Our portfolio is filled with many success stories, but we’re most proud of the strong relationships we have built and continue to grow. Our relationship-centered approach starts with our employees. We are looking for people who embody our values of fairness, integrity, and trust. We want self-starters who take ownership in their work and value building and maintaining relationships every step along the way. We take pride in our desire to become better every day, providing our employees with opportunities to develop both personally and professionally.
Hourigan is seeking a Virtual Construction Coordinator to join our team. This position is responsible for BIM/VDC management, coordination, and support on multiple different projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and lead the BIM/VDC processes, including coordination meetings, clash detection, RFI development & resolution, field verification, and model maintenance & turnover
- Provide training and support for effective use of BIM/VDC tools and technologies
- Ensure compliance with BIM/VDC standards, requirements, and best practices
- Maintain and distribute models & CAD files amongst project team members
- Develop models in-house as necessary to support the BIM/VDC process
- Compile models and perform clash detection tests & constructability reviews
- Leverage the models to generate RFI’s and address design & construction issues
- Distribute reports and models in appropriate format for effective coordination
- Support the development of coordination-related drawings and documents
- Generate model-based quantity take-offs, 4D simulations, virtual mock-ups, and other deliverables as necessary to support the project
- Assist the project team with construction coordination, scheduling, and shop drawing review
- Evaluate construction installations relative to the models and assist with appropriate action in the event of deviations / discrepancies
- Compile necessary as-built models and BIM/VDC deliverables
- Create project-specific summary reports to document the key aspects of BIM/VDC on assigned projects, including goals, successes, challenges, and lessons learned
- Participate in BIM/VDC training opportunities and R&D initiatives to support continuous growth and development within the organization
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or Architecture, completion of Construction Management Certificate Program, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 1 year experience in the construction industry required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a role specifically related to BIM/VDC is preferred
- Demonstrate experience in required software, including Navisworks, Revit, AutoCAD, and Bluebeam.
- Experience and knowledge of project/field management, means and methods, document administration and a thorough understanding of industry practices
- Excellent leadership, communication, computer, and interpersonal skills
- Must possess the utmost of personal integrity and can work effectively in a team environment and contribute significantly to extending a culture of collaboration, both internally and externally, to maintain the superior reputation of Hourigan
The summary of essential duties and responsibilities listed above is not intended to cover all possible job duties and is subject to change at our discretion.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, and life insurances, short-term and long-term disability, 401k employer match, and paid time off.
Hourigan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or protected Veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.